Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Going Crazy

I am currently moving, leaving one condo and moving to a townhouse across the city. If any of you are avid shoppers - especially thrifters - you understand the issues with this! I've packed over 80 boxes, and the only things left are my most expensive purses, my favorite clothes and shoes, and the few things still up for sale on eBay. My boyfriend is getting on my case nightly about how much there is left to do, and I feel like all I've done for the last month is pack! It's amplified lately, since we're currently sharing a car. He works two jobs and goes to school, so 9 times out of 10, I'm stuck inside. Talk about cabin fever.

Needless to say, I haven't had much of an opportunity to go thrift shopping lately. It's bumming me out a bit - I'm dying to do something. I did get to pop by a consignment store last week, though, to do a quick return. Fridays are my car days - so if any of you reading this are my wonderful ebay customers, this is my my usual 1 day turn around on shipping has gone to 5 days temporarily. I promise it's not by choice!!! Haha.

I have some extra credit still left from my return, but I did manage to pick up a little treasure. I'll share it here, as thisare the closest I've been to thrifting in what feels like forever.

Now I will say, for my birthday next week, I am planning either an Atlanta or a Nashville thrift trip, so at least there's light at the end of the tunnel!

 
This Valentino Roma dress is on eBay (granted, brand new) for $700. I paid $40 at my local consignment store! Wish I knew the original cost, haha. I haven't honestly decided to keep or sell yet - everything is a little overwhelming at the moment. When I start unpacking, I'll be weeding through my closet a ton. What this means is that in early September, you can most likely expect to see me sell a TON of clothes for a lot less than usual. I'll be giving up my two giant walk-in closets, and while I keep pushing for the boyfriend to build me a shoe room, I just get the feeling it may not happen. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment